Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blue prints, schematics, manuals, and written instructions as necessary to complete an assigned task
- Proficient in use of hand tools, power tools, and maintenance shop equipment. Examples of typical equipment would be a lathe, grinder, drill press, pipe threader, etc.
- Ability to use a cutting torch and to bronze.
- Maintains plant mechanical equipment and systems to insure efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs production presses and associated equipment.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs hydraulic systems and components.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical systems and devices (Includes motors, lighting systems, plant electrical – 240V & 480V systems, HVAC, PLC Troubleshooting and programming).
- Performs preventative maintenance and housekeeping.
- This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Also:
- Pass a generalized maintenance test and have knowledge of:
- Team player
- High level of motivation; able to work independently.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Basic understanding of keyboard, Monitor and Hard Drive, Microsoft Office Software, Excel and PowerPoint. PLC / Ladder Logic programming and trouble shooting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee will come in frequent contact with various types of machine oils, lubricants, silicone, and latex.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee may be required to work long hours exposed to high heat and humidity.
All employees will be provided training on working safely, evacuation procedures, accident reporting and any other safety items the company feels necessary to ensure and maintain a safe work environment free from hazards to the employee.
If at any time you feel unsafe or recognize an unsafe practice, it is your responsibility to report it immediately to your supervisor.