Cash Application & Claims Analyst
Solon, Ohio | November 6, 2018
Purpose of the job:
The cash application & claims analyst position functions as a business partner between our collections analysts and our plants to effectively manage cash posting and claims resolution. This position requires you to review, reconcile, and make inquiries to the Business Development Managers as well as the Customer Service team on deductions taken on customer payments, while keeping the Credit Manager informed of progress.
- Daily posting of payments via check, ACH or wire
- Work with customers to obtain remittance documentation
- Perform research to resolve customer invoice claims
- Effectively prioritize workload to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently
- Must be organized and detail oriented to keep database notes and follow up.
- Identify customer account issues and work with the appropriate departments to resolve.
Knowledge, skills and experience: Minimum qualification required:
- B.S. in accounting or business administration
- 3 – 5 years cash application experience
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of bank lockbox portals
Knowledge/experience required beyond minimum qualification:
- Experience with dealing with multiple ERP systems at one time (QAD, IQMS, Priority a plus)
- Excellent customer service skills
Other key factors:
- Must maintain strong professionalism, organizational skills and ethics
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment