Compensation & Benefits Manager
Solon, Ohio | September 13, 2018
Purpose of the job:
Responsible for overseeing the compensation and benefits program for Q Holding Company. Analyzes compensation data and evaluates job positions to determine classification and salary. Administers employee insurance, pension and savings plans and works with insurance brokers and plan carriers. Project lead for the company’s annual open enrollment process. As a member of the HR Leadership team, this individual must project a professional image both internally and externally; understand business/organizational challenges and provide innovative solutions that support the growth and philosophy of Q Holding Company.
- Design, implement, and manage salary classification and compensation programs. Examples include the annual merit/bonus process and guidelines for promotions, lateral moves and external offers.
- Conduct analysis of compensation and benefits within company.
- Prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, and salary ranges.
- Oversee competitive analysis, merit increases and salary structure.
- Develop job descriptions for various positions and assists in the determination of appropriate base pay.
- Ensure that all Q Holding Plans are compliant with government regulations and file appropriate documents accordingly.
- Analyze surveys to ensure appropriate compensation across all departments including geographic differentials where applicable.
- Participate in process of budget forecasting for salary increases.
- Administer and manage all employee insurance plans, pension and savings plans.
- Provide guidance to HR Managers/Generalists and company leaders on compensation matters.
- Research job and worker requirements, structural and functional relationships among jobs and occupations, and occupational trends.
- Educate employees on state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, personnel procedures, and classification programs.
- Serve as liaison to all benefit vendors and partner to manage benefit costs.
Knowledge, skills and experience :Minimum qualification required:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in HR, Finance or business-related discipline required
- Preferred: Master’s degree in HR or MBA, CCP preferred
Knowledge/experience required beyond minimum qualification:
- Ability to handle superior level of confidentiality concerning employee information.
- Outstanding computer skills (Excel, Access, MS Office, HRIS systems).
- Reaction to change and flexibility are paramount.
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with both internal and external vendors, brokers/consultants, and internal customers.
- Demonstrated maturity in influencing leaders and employees at all levels across the organization while maintaining confidentiality of all employee data.
- Available for travel as needed (generally not expected to exceed 15% of your annual time)
Other key factors:
- At least 5 years prior experience in Benefits and Compensation (8 years preferred).
- Solid knowledge of Benefits and Compensation (executive and non-executive) and HR policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated effective analytical skills, including modeling and scenario planning.