Solon, Ohio | August 8, 2018
The credit manager will manage the company’s credit policies so that an acceptable level of risk is maintained and customer payments are made on time. This position will also be responsible for the collection and analysis of credit information and financial data in accordance with credit policy.
• Develops appropriate customer credit limits utilizing industry best practices for risk evaluation. Evaluations should be rooted in well-informed business logic.
• Responsible for the collection and analysis of credit information and financial data in accordance with credit policy and applicable law to extend trade lines of credit.
• Rejects or authorizes applications in accordance with company standards and establish appropriate repayment terms to minimize the organization’s credit risk.
• Ensures that payments are collected within the terms of sale, via direct customer contact and account monitoring for an assigned portfolio of customers.
• Initiates and moderate monthly accounts receivable meetings with Area Sales Managers to review aging’s and discuss resolutions for troubled accounts.
• Manages the company’s most complex, large, or difficult credit accounts to maintain positive customer relations and minimize debts outstanding.
• Monitors the status of credit and collection activities to identify problem areas and adapt procedures to improve the overall performance of the team.
• Coordinates and prepares monthly collections, statistical, financial, productivity and performance reports as required; forecast (by identifying known and potential collections problems); etc.
• Takes or directs the appropriate action steps needed to resolve issues and/or inform management including recognition of appropriate timing of issue escalation.
• Manages function responsible for cash collection and application to company’s Accounts Receivable.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business is required.
• 5-7 years of Accounts Receivable/Credit experience including 2 years having responsibility for setting credit limits.
• Extensive knowledge of the credit operating and processing standards, guidelines and policies.
• Experience communicating with company executives including Sales executives.
• Proven track record in trade accounts receivable, credit and collections within a repetitive market.
• Strong ERP experience – managing accounts in multiple ERP systems
• Ability to consistently demonstrate sound judgment in decision making.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal positively with conflict.
• Efficient and effective time management and organizational skills.
• Technical proficiency in Excel, Word, and internet searches.
Position Reports to Corporate Controller.