Executive Administrative Assistant
Reporting directly to the VP Human Resources, the Executive Administrative Assistant will support the Q Executive Team as well as other members of leadership as required. The Executive Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for scheduling executive travel, executive meetings, executive presentation materials and communications, as well as serving as a key liaison for communication with the Board of Directors. In addition to the above duties, the role will also provide HR Coordinator and receptionist responsibilities and provide direct support to other functional areas, as needed.
Executive Administrative Support (70%)
- Responsible for high prioritization to manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments, calendars and travel arrangements including complex international travel.
- Detailed attention is required in the management of travel documents, liaison support and coordination of all aspects of travel including transportation, hotel and meetings. This requires the ability to handle calls and solve travel problems outside of regular business hours.
- Ensure that all Executives traveling will be provided a detailed itinerary with confirmations, addresses, critical contact information and specific travel needs in a timely manner ahead of the planned trip.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents that are sometimes confidential in nature.
- Review and coordinate expense reports for Executive Team as required.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents.
- From time to time, coordinate other employee and guest travel and that coordination will be approached with the same rigor and service.
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications.
- Assists Executive Team and Board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Executive Team and Board members.
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board and Board Committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format.
HR Support (20%)
- Arrange and coordinate interview schedules and candidate travel itineraries as requested.
- Send out offer letters and coordinate background checks and drug screens as well as collect, maintain and enter new hire paperwork.
- Provide HR coordinator duties such as data entry and HR reporting and provide support of other HR programs as needed.
- Provide Microsoft Office support.
Reception and Office Support (10%)
- Provide pleasant and professional customer service to all visitors to the Q Headquarters’ office.
- Provide pleasant and professional phone reception, including messaging and transfers as required.
- Role will be responsible for receiving, sorting and distribution of mail services.
- Role will coordinate and restock office and kitchen supplies as required. Daily organizing of the copy room and kitchen area required for a neat and tidy appearance.
- Will be responsible for the coordination of Executive meeting lunches and visitor lunches where required.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, lunches and events as requested by other leadership members.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to 10 years of experience supporting Executives and/or Leadership Teams, preferably in a Manufacturing organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and Adobe Acrobat.
Knowledge/experience Required Beyond Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- High sense of customer service with urgency and exceeding expectations as the core values to service.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members.
- Exceptional levels of courtesy and communication, written and verbal, that leave the visitor or employee with a positive experience of interaction with the role and the person.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrates the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who proactively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Customer Focus- building strong customer relationships and delivering customer- centric solutions.
- Ensures Accountability- holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Collaborates- building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Being Resilient- rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.