Help Desk Technician II
This position provides user support and customer service on company supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoots problems and advises on appropriate action.
Reports to Information Technology Manager – Twinsburg.
• Supports end users in ERP system hardware, software, and administrative work at location. Includes, but not limited to password resets, troubleshooting hardware/software issues, set up new users, verify permission needs, and training.
• Responds to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically
• Diagnose and resolves technical hardware and software issues
• Installs, services, and supports company computer equipment as needed by users
• Installs and troubleshoots software programs deemed approved for company use
• Research questions using available information resources and advises users of options
• Follows standardized help desk procedures
• Logs all help desk interactions
• Administers help desk software
• Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention and redirects as necessary
• Tracks and routes problems and requests and documents resolutions
• Creates and updates self-help documents so end users can resolve problems themselves
• Performs network administrator functions such as establishing user accounts, phone system setup, and email setup
• Performs regular server maintenance as directed by the Global Network Administrator
• Configure and support company-used cell phones
• Assists with configuration and troubleshooting of print issues
• Stays current with system information, changes, and updates
• Maintains accurate inventory of company assets (i.e. computers, monitors, printers, cell phones, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualification required:
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four-year college and 5+ years of related experience. Relevant certifications will be considered
Knowledge/experience required beyond minimum qualification:
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.