Human Resources Manager – Plant
Q Holding Company is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager with responsibility for the overall provisions of HR services, policies, and programs for respective location (s). This position will be responsible for Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards including Benefits, Compensation, Payroll and Human Capital Management Systems as well as HR business partners in our company’s fast paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be a highly talented, motivational, engaging, with a hands-on managerial style who has multi-discipline HR experience. The Human Resources Manager will report into the Plant Manager. Travel may be required as the incumbent will spend approximately 20% or more of his/her time traveling to Rhode Island and other sites as required.
Directly responsible for fulfilling all staffing requirements, identifying potential candidates and selection process for the site. This includes management of staffing agencies for temporary roles, filling hourly roles and recruiting for salaried positions
- Conduct all New Hire Orientations and properly onboard all employees
- Partner with Corporate HR departments on drafting of new job descriptions and/or re-evaluation of current job descriptions as needed
- Liaison with Corporate HR on administration of 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, COBRA, etc.
- Partner with Corporate HR on Compensation changes (new hire offers, promotions, demotions, etc.)
- Responsible for administration of Worker’s Compensation
- Management of all employee and labor relations issues and responsible for ensuring VP of HR is aware of all activity
- Responsible for execution of all Talent Management activities in partnership with Corporate HR as needed
- Partnership in the development and training of various management programs such as progressive discipline, interviewing techniques, business acumen and employee/labor relations
- Deep understanding of FMLA, HIPAA, Wage and Hour, ADA, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, Employment At Will and all other applicable employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to be a sound business partner to site leadership, applying conflict management and coaching techniques as required
- Bachelor degree and 8-10 years experience in a Human Resource Manager or HR Generalist role
Knowledge or Experience:
- SPHR or PHR highly desired.
- Master degree preferred.
- Prior union experience required. (depending on site)
Other Key Factors:
- Inclusion – Working together as a team, respect the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization
- Accountability – Empower associates to take responsibility and own commitments which drive results Operational
- Excellence – With a focus on continuous improvement and quality, strive for maximizing value for the customer
- Growth & Innovation – Create new and better ways to be successful by anticipating future needs of our customers and taking action today
- Engagement – Create a climate where associates are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Communication & Collaboration – Build trusting partnerships with all stakeholders and work together through open communication to meet our shared objectives