Maintenance Engineering Supervisor
Rock Hill, South Carolina | December 6, 2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining and improving Safety and Standard Operating Procedures assuring compliance with all Corporate and regulatory requirements including ISO 13485:2016 and other global agency requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining, improving and counter-measuring environmental issues/concens. Maintains all equipment/facilities and holds accountability within team to ensure compliance to local and federal requirements.
- Ability to develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Read and interpret blue prints, schematics, manuals, and written instructions as necessary to complete an assigned task.
- Practical application and use of hand tools, power tools, and maintenance shop equipment. Examples of typical equipment would be a lathe, grinder, drill press, pipe threader, and a cutting torch; ability to bronze.
- Perform pipefitter discipline; including installing, modifying, and repairing piping conduit and instrument tubing runs.
- Maintain plant mechanical equipment and systems to insure efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Knowledge to install, troubleshoot, and repair production presses and associated equipment.
- Knowledge to install, troubleshoot, and repair hydraulic systems and components.
- Knowledge to install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems and devices (includes motors, lighting systems, plant electrical – 240V & 480V systems, HVAC, PLC troubleshooting and programming.
- Will provide leadership and direct the work of others. Must be accountable to develop direct reports through coaching, feedback and performance review documentation. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Mechanics and Janitors
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of a two year technical / trade school or specialize in a technical skill. (Example: HVAC, Electrical, PLC’s, etc.) and five years related experience and/or training
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role preferred
- Have knowledge of: