Maintenance Technician – 1st Shift
Sturtevant, Wisconsin | September 21, 2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blue prints, schematics, manuals, and written instructions as necessary to complete an assigned task
- Proficient in use of hand tools, power tools, and maintenance shop equipment. Examples of typical equipment would be a lathe, grinder, drill press, pipe threader, etc.
- Ability to use a cutting torch and to bronze
- Perform Millwright discipline. This includes alignment with dal indicators, install sheaves and belts, verify and set belt tension, etc.
- Perform Pipefitter discipline. This includes installing, modifying, and repairing piping conduit and instrument tubing runs.
- Maintain plant mechanical equipment and systems to insure efficiency and minimal downtime.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair production presses and associated equipment
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair hydraulic systems and components
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair electrical systems and devices (Includes motors, lighting systems, plant electrical – 240V & 480V systems, HVAC, PLC Troubleshooting and programming)
- Perform preventative maintenance and housekeeping
- This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduate of a two year technical / trade school or specialize in a technical skill. (Example: HVAC, Electrical, PLC’s, etc.)
- Pass a generalized maintenance test and have knowledge of:
- Team player
- High level of motivation; able to work independently
- Experience with Engel, Boy, and Arburg molding machines
- Working on CNC milling machine a plus
- Ability to write, read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and to interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Basic understanding of keyboard, monitor, and hard drive, Microsoft Office Software, Excel and PowerPoint, PLC / Ladder Logic programming and trouble shooting.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee will come in frequent contact with various types of machine oils, lubricants, silicone, and latex.
- Flexible Spending
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance