Twinsburg, Ohio | August 8, 2018
1. Purpose of the job – the purpose of the position or why this job exists within the department or organization
The regional controller position functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. Leads the financial staff at the plant and is accountable for plant-level responsibilities including general accounting, payables, receivables, order entry, cost accounting, business analysis, financial reporting, sales management, and payroll processing. Will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
2. Key accountabilities –
1. Prepare monthly reports of results, monthly forecasts, annual operating plan, and strategic planning.
2. Responsible for internal controls at the plant for operations, sales and finance.
3. Analyze and accurately report current month’s financial results to the plant, sales, and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and time requirements.
4. Maintain a perpetual inventory for finished goods and reconcile this perpetual to production, shipping, and returns on a daily basis.
5. Perform daily walkthroughs of the plant with the General Manager to discuss production and costing issues. Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
6. Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
7. Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly.
8. Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies. Resolve questions of GAAP and internal controls with corporate financial management.
3. Reporting relationships – the position’s reporting relationship, or refer to appropriate organizational charts
Reports to: Plant Manager
Direct Reports: This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Indirect Reports: Corporate Controller
Other relevant information:
4. Knowledge, skills and experience – the minimum qualifications and experience required to perform the responsibilities of this position
Minimum qualification required: B.S. in accounting or business administration.
Knowledge/experience required beyond minimum qualification: 5-10 years as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis.