Set Up Technician
Sturtevant, Wisconsin | October 19, 2018
Reports To: Shift Supervisors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up molds in liquid silicone injection presses ranging from 25 to 400 tons.
- Be proficient in all aspects of equipment setup for injection presses and all related secondary equipment – e.g. material pumps, chillers, and temperature control units.
- Establish the production process using saved press programs and the standard listed on the traveler.
- Run samples and obtain 1st piece approval for job start-ups.
- Instruct operators on requirements and production process.
- Analyze and correct problems for operators as necessary to help them achieve standard output.
- Understand and use travelers, blueprints, engineering specifications, SOP’s as required to perform setups and correct problems.
- Understand and operate all press controls and operator interfaces.
- Maintain accurate written records and use the inventory management system as required for documentation.
- Be knowledgeable for all the requirements involved in starting up and/or closing down the plant.
- Communicate well with supervisors, manufacturing engineers, maintenance technicians, quality assurance personnel and press operators.
- Hold a valid Fort Truck License if applicable
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment, including the cleanrooms
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Computer proficiency
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- 2 – 4 years liquid injection molding and/or injection press experience required.
- ISO 13485 experience, a plus