Shipping / Receiving/ Packaging Lead – 1st Shift
Sturtevant, Wisconsin | September 24, 2018
Reports To: Material Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, motivate and support team members of Shipping, Receiving, and Packaging departments.
- Maintain communication with inspection, production, and customer service on sales order shipping requirements and inventory status (FG and WIP)
- Ensure the timely shipment of parts produced.
- Assign and follow up on daily tasks of departments.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve IQMS issues.
- Package and label parts per GMP/Customer specifications
- Pick shipments to prepare for shipping.
- Generate shipping documents including pick tickets, packing slips, CofCs, labels and material certs.
- Verify and attach appropriate documentation to boxes and skids for shipment.
- Prepare necessary documents for carriers picking up shipments.
- Unload and load trucks as necessary.
- Make boxes for packaging finished goods and put into warehouse locations.
- Receive, check, and distribute incoming supplies.
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills are very important.
- Create work instructions, document and execute training for all departments.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years related experience in Shipping / Receiving is required. Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Employee will come in frequent contact with various types of machine oils, lubricants and steering fluids.